Monday 25 April 2011

Fundraising update

Since I haven't added anything to this would-be world-class blog since December, and I have a paltry four months before actually departing, I thought I'd share with my loyal fanbase of two how everything's going.

The answer? Swimmingly (if I'd at any point undertaken a sponsored swim that would have made a fantastic segue into a story about it. Damn.).

My total currently rests at £3000. I have two more events planned and am, in my own laggard, cheese-eating way, building up another list of trusts to write off to. I'm optimistic that I'll reach the full £4,950 and not potentially disinherit myself by making my parents fund the deficit. Fingers crossed.

I'm under a strict proviso from Project Trust not to divulge the names of trusts who've donated to me (stops pesky future volunteers from writing off to the exact same ones, I assume), so I can't list them here, but they really have made an immeasurable difference to my efforts. Well, it is measurable, I suppose. I could calculate as a percentage exactly how much of a difference they've made, but instead I'll attempt to work out how to embed some pictures of the sponsored Ben Nevis climb to appease you...
edit: oh look, I did it.



The period in which I still felt vaguely jovial

Lovely white-out and cornices to contend with...




Me, along with my hooded, surly contemporaries, at the trig-point


And, I feel a special mention should be made for my Dad, who drove us to Fort William, plied me with Snickers bars to keep my complaining at bay and, most importantly, supported me completely :) Thank you!


Dad's actual face

I'm yet to collect sponsor money, so I don't know quite how much we raised yet, but about £300 at the last count. Thank you so, so much to everybody who donated!

Project Trust have been finalising our placements this week, so over the next few days I should be able to officially disclose where I'll be living for 12 months. Scary! I blame this tension, coupled with ever-looming exams, for my propensity to eat everything in the house that isn't hidden from me.

I'm going to miss humous...

No comments:

Post a Comment